AGC’S CULTURE OF CARE PLEDGE @ WEIFIELD: Commit, Attract, Retain, and Empower
Team Weifield – This is a quick update to inform you of a new Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) ‘Culture of CARE’ program initiative that Weifield is supporting as part of our existing company practices, in early 2021.
What It Is: The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) has launched a new Culture of CARE program that was designed to help construction companies reach their full potential by building a culture that is diverse, safe, welcoming, and inclusive.
Why We’re Doing It: Here at Weifield, our People are our #1 value in our PACT. Therefore, it is important to us that every employee feels valued, welcomed, included, and safe when you come to work. Weifield aligns with the AGC program initiatives and wants to support this campaign – so we will be communicating and training on AGC’s Culture of CARE in the coming weeks and months. As part of this program, we will be requiring each employee to sign a Culture of Care personal pledge commitment in support of this initiative and our culture.
More Information: You can find more information on this initiative at https://buildculture.org/commit/.
The Timing: Weifield will be launching the Culture of CARE pledge and deploying tools and resources associated with AGC’s program as follows:
- HR will be training new hires on the Culture of CARE initiative – and will require all Weifield employees to sign the Culture of CARE pledge beginning in Q1-2022
- HR will have the Culture of CARE pledge form loaded into WorkforceGo, making it easy for employees to sign the pledge
- Culture of CARE stickers will be given to every employee signing the pledge, by Q2-2022
- Culture of CARE stickers and posters will be distributed at our February All Hands meeting in each region
- Our Safety Director, Brad Boswell, will create Culture of CARE Toolbox Talks and present one new topic to the field, each quarter
- Our Training Director, Duff Stroumbos, will present one Culture of CARE video every six months – at the Foreman’s meetings
- Information on Culture of CARE will be shared in Weifield’s communications and on Sharepoint in the coming weeks and months
Thank you for your review & support of this important initiative – and for being an impact champion at Weifield!