New Opportunity – Equipment & Material Driver
Equipment & Material Driver
WEIFIELD: WORK FOR THE BEST, BE TREATED THE BEST
Successful electricians at Weifield can become foremen, supervisors, estimators, project managers – and move into upper management positions; your drive and abilities determine how far you go!
Weifield is a national leader in cutting-edge construction with nearly 700 employees across all our regions; more than 70% of the General Contractors in Colorado, Wyoming, Tennessee, and Texas rely on our expertise to provide quality electrical projects.
Weifield’s company values are our PACT: People, Advancing, Community, and Trusting Relationships. Because People is Weifield’s #1 company value – we show our appreciation with more than just a competitive salary.
General Job Description
The Equipment and Materials Driver is responsible for safely transporting electrical materials to and from warehouse, suppliers, and job locations.
- Safety and Health: Use and take care of the protective equipment and safety gear provided, follow safety procedures; do not undertake work which is unsafe or involves unsafe practices; promptly inform your supervisor if you identify a unsafe act or condition; attend and complete all safety and health training.
- Work Ethic: Work as a WGC team member as directed by field foreman. Assist others where needed and follow a neat and process-oriented work style. Be efficient with your time and materials while ensuring top quality work ethic.
- Identify Solutions for Improvement in the Organization: Through process analysis, this individual shall determine areas of improvement in terms of efficiency and company effectiveness, and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Identification and Tools: Proper identification and driving documents must be carried at all times. Tools and vehicle are provided by WGC. Misuse or abuse of equipment is not allowed.
- Company “Handyman”: We are all part of the WGC team with a common mission in mind; provide high quality work ethic while making the client happy. We are all “handymen” with no task being too small or too large – we pay attention to the smallest detail and handle every client request with professionalism.
- Industry Awareness: Continually seek industry and market information to provide WGC with the information necessary for successful business development.
- Work Hours and Time Sheets: Arrive to designated assignments in appropriate time and ready to work at 7:00 am – 3:30 pm with a 10 minute break at 9:30 am and ½ hour lunch at noon. You are responsible to coordinate with your supervisor to complete and submit your weekly timesheets. These time sheets are required to process your weekly payroll check.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Perform duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Work in a TEAM environment with the Shop Foreman and Shipping Clerk.
- Work with all team members for daily shipping schedule.
- Consistent development, independent judgment and professional growth required.
- Transport electrical materials in a safe, responsible manner.
- Understand and complete log book.
- Daily Vehicle Inspections.
- Communicate any problems and standard maintenance with your vehicle.
- Submit monthly vehicle reports to fleet.
- Load and unload trucks. Must be able to request help and direct that help safely.
- Coordinate jobsite clean offs with the shop foreman, tool department and shipping clerk.
- Additional ad hoc responsibilities as assigned.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Loading and Unloading Trucks
- Assist in Route and Stops
- Pickups and Clean Offs
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Yard Logistics
- Be at least 18 year of age.
- Pass background check and drug screen.
- Proof of clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Minimum six months experience driving/transporting materials.
- Candidate must have a proactive approach to problem solving and customer service skills.
- Punctual, motivated, detail oriented and will not accept second best.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in Weifield Group’s business strategies.
- Experience pulling trailers.
- Standing – Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a work station without moving about, for extended period of time.
- Walking – Moving about on foot.
- Sitting – Remaining in the normal seated position for extended periods.
- Lifting – Raising or lowering an object (~50 – 150 lbs) from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Carrying – Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder, e.g., tools equipment, and materials up to 100 lbs up to 400 feet.
- Pushing – Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
- Pulling – Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the forces (includes jerking).
- Ascending or descending ladders, lifts, stairs, scaffoldings, ramps, poles and the like. Body agility is emphasized.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or running on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
- Crawl over, under and into equipment as necessary to perform job duties. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand.
- Picking, pinching or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Perceiving attributes of objects, e.g., size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Work environments may be noisy, congested, and/or in confined spaces.
- Must be able to read and understand technical documents, blue prints and work orders.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform duties in extreme varying temperatures, e.g., exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions, on your feet, 8 to 10 hours daily up to 6 days a week.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 50′ from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks or other safe work areas.
- Wear personal protective equipment, e.g., hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, masks, and earplugs at all times, and when applicable.
- Candidate must be able to work night shifts and mid shifts, as required by customers.
- Respond to short notice overtime requirements.
Field employees will wear appropriate shirts with sleeves, long pants and sturdy work shoes or boots (OSHA standard). All clothing will be of a proper fit and condition so as not to constitute a safety hazard. Clothing may not have any derogatory, offensive, sexually suggesting or degrading writing, symbols, pictures, language, or logos of other contractors. Employees may wear jewelry as long as the jewelry is appropriate and does not constitute a safety hazard. Body piercing (other than earrings) should not be visible. Similarly, employees will keep their hair and facial hair groomed to avoid safety hazards; or they will secure their hair to avoid safety hazards.
- Physical [Stay Well] | Emotional [Be Supported]
- Weifield-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Cigna Medical HDHP
- Cigna Medical Buy-Up
- Cigna Dental
- Eyemed Vision Insurance
- Weifield covers 100% of the medical HDHP plan + preventative screenings
- Gym memberships
- Ongoing employee athletic events
- Tough Mudder, 5K/10K races, truck pulls, & more
- Employee Assistance Program through Mines & Associates
- 5 free sessions per family member for counseling, career coaching, financial/legal guidance
- Cigna mental health & lifestyle programs
- Flexible time off & paid time off
- Sabbatical eligibility at 15 years
- Crisis event support
- Helping Hands financial assistance program, HR Return to Work assistance, PPE
- Future betterment committees
- Open door policy
- Weifield-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Fiscal [Plan My Future]
- Financial planning assistance
- Outside referral options for personal life/property insurances and legal assistance
- Ability to become eligible to purchase company shares
- Referral bonus & company incentive plans
- Employee discounts
- Mortgage assistance
- Verizon Wireless
- Weifield-sponsored 50K life and ADD plans
- 401K program
- 4% match after one year
- Financial literacy training
- Financial planning assistance
- Social [Enjoy My Work]
- Teambuilding events
- 7 paid holidays/year
- Nonprofits: Company match to employee-supported charities
- Company communications
- Ongoing events
- Tickets and numerous company and family events per year
- Holiday celebrations & contests
- Philanthropy events supporting our charities
- Knowledge [Grow My Career]
- Continuing education credits
- OSHA and NICET/Blue Card trainings
- Testing prep assistance
- Electricians/apprenticeship graduates for Journeyman’s test
- 4-year paid apprenticeship including books
- Tuition reiumbursement for college coursework related to position
- Weifield University
- Ongoing training program
- Recognition [Be Rewarded]
- Employee anniversary awards & gifts
- Cash for anniversary tenure
- $10K at 10-year anniversary
- Employee of the Month recognition & awards
- Apprenticeship graduation gifts
- Project of the Year trip with Weifield leadership
- Crew of the Month lunches with Red Wing Boots truck gift
- Holiday gifts
- Recognition/gifts for Journeyman’s license/field achievements
In addition to our amazing people, we take pride in our innovation, our legacy of excellence in our industry, our strong community focus, and our fantastic family-oriented work culture – as evidenced by our Top Workplaces recognitions in our regions (10 years running in Colorado, achieved by less than 5% of all companies)!
We’re seeking the best talent to build an unstoppable team – and we hope you will become a part of it.
We look forward to meeting you!
|Pay Rate||Non Exempt Status; Pay Range $20 – 25|
|Employee Health Insurance||Healthcare 100% of the employee medical “Base Plan” by WGC 1st of the month following date of hire.|
|Voluntary Dental/Vision Insurance||Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|Disability & Accident Insurance||Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|Life Insurance||50K Life and ADD policy for employee only, paid by employer 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|HSA Plan||Employee can set aside $3600 pre-tax dollars /$7200 for Family 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|HSA Company Contribution||Up to a max of $600 annually, contributed through four quarterly contributions. The employee must have active work hours on the week of assistance to be eligible. This amount is inclusive in the calculation of the max contributions allowable under an HSA plan.|
|PTO||Accrued 10 days per year 1-2 years, 12 days per year 2-5 years, 14 days per year 5-7 years, 16 days per year 7-10 years and 20 days per year 10+ years. Seven paid holidays per year.|
|401k/Safe Harbor||Participate after 60 days. Weifield matches 100% of investment up to 4% after one year of consistent employment.|
|Background Check/ Drug Test Required||Yes|
|Work Schedule||6AM- 3PM Monday through Friday.|
Due to the nature of this position additional time may be needed in order to complete work activities with no additional compensation.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Weifield Group Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.