BUSINESS OUTLOOK & COMPANY HEALTH UPDATE
UPDATE #02 – 3.19.20
Fellow Teammates of Weifield Group,
Make sure to check on our Weifield Weekly for new posts in regard to how things are being handle during this pandemic. Yesterday and today, we received many good questions that we are putting together answers on. We attached our current list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) and we will be updating it with new questions and answers as they are asked and answered.
I am so proud of our company. Please give yourself a pat on the back, since no one else can give you a pat on the back.
Here is the update:
Weifield’s Business Outlook:
- We still have 1 project that has been shut down due to the Owner being cautious about the virus. All employees have been relocated with 0 job-attached layoffs.
- As of now, there have been 0 layoffs due to this pandemic
- As of now, there have been 0 employees who have tested positive for the virus
- As of now, there have been 10-15 people that have gone into self –quarantine due to exposure to 3rd parties or from travel. Please, do not travel unless you have too.
- We have had NO project cancelations.
- The task force is making great ground on getting ahead of things. We have put many measures in place to help keep everyone safe.
- We are going to continue the phone call with field supervision, weekly, to make sure we are getting everyone’s concerns addressed. Email me direct if it is an emergency question.
- We have already started seeing and generating the list of people who are requesting OT. We will let you know which jobs will need help.
As you can see there wasn’t much change from yesterday. We had a couple jobsites establish some new policies and had some other trades not show up due to potential internal risks, but nothing that directly impacted our work. Some of the job sites are experiencing delays, so the CM’s, PM’s, and FS’s will be tracking the impacts.
- We attached a file with information regarding the tax extension.
- We attached our latest COVID remote work platform. We have many of our office staff working remote to keep the number of interactions down. I am impressed with the team getting our internet, VPN lines, and Zoom connections set up so quickly. Again, great job team! Hopefully, we won’t see project disruptions (at least from our side). We are hearing that there will be some supply change delays, so make sure to get materials order and released. Make sure to let your supervisor know if any materials are getting low as soon as possible, since there could be delays in deliveries.
- AGC is fighting to keep us and jobsites open in case of a city shut down. I attached the direction they delivered to Polis in order to help us out.
- Next is some correspondence from IEC letting everyone know they are up and running on an online platform. Great job IEC!
- Last file attached is the WEIFIELD ANCILLARY SUPPORT SERVICES. Please be sure to read through it and be prepared in case of an emergency situation.
- Another good thing that happened today was the senate and president signed off the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. We have a lot of people going through this to find out what it means to everyone. It looks like we will be in good shape to help employees out in case of an infection or loss of work. Yay!
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Governor closed School through 4/17. If you haven’t heard yet so we know it could be challenging. Please coordinate with us ahead of time if it causes you to miss work.
- Two employees had new babies this week so things are great from that standpoint. Congrats!!
- I would also love to hear if you guys are experiencing any silver linings.
- Travel is being cut down to a minimum so please cancel those unnecessary trips.
- We need to help out the healthcare system as much as possible.
I hope this information has helped ease your mind as we plow through this time. Please feel free to share the children’s coronavirus file from yesterday. We have been very fortunate as a company, so please pray that God continues to look out for us, our families, and our city. Please pray for all the people who lost love ones, who are out of work, and who have been impacted by this pandemic. God Bless you all!
Chief Executive Officer | Weifield Group Contracting