TEXAS ESTIMATOR 1 – OPEN POSITION
Electrical Estimator I
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Job Description
The Electrical Estimator I is responsible for reviewing, estimating and preparing electrical quotes and proposals and implementing measures to increase the company’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Business Process Analysis and Documentation: Research, analyze, and document the estimating process at Weifield finding ways to be more efficient and profitable. This involves conducting meetings with members of the Weifield management team to discuss bidding strategy and targets.
- Identify Solutions for Improvement in the Organization: Through process analysis, this individual shall determine areas of improvement in terms of efficiency and company effectiveness, developing appropriate solutions.
- Strategic Guidance: Develop strategic direction analysis for Weifield as an organization. Make recommendations as to courses of action in terms of strategy for all sectors of the company.
- Tool Analysis: Research potential tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes. Tool analysis and development should be executed closely with both software development and the chief technology officer.
- Information Dissemination: Develop and facilitate high-quality and high-frequency communications throughout the company. Investigate and implement tools to achieve these goals.
- Company “Handyman”: Act as an internal consultant to help multiple persons and departments within the organization develop finance programs and solutions to enhance efficient and/or effectiveness.
- Training/Mentoring: Promote the professional growth of the team. Continually pursue opportunities for personal career/training development.
- Recruiting: Continually seek and refer potential employees to the Weifield Human Resources department and the management team.
- Industry Awareness: Continually seek industry and market information to provide Weifield with the information necessary for successful business development.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Team oriented to execute company PACT values – PEOPLE, ADVANCED PROCESS, COMMUNITY & TRUSTED RELATIONSHIP
- Create and communicate company standards for estimating electrical design assist/build and plans and specs work.
- Create, maintain and upgrade the company estimating system, database (units and prices) and assemblies.
- Manage assigned projects from start to completion and be responsible for final bid/proposal.
- Accubid Project set up, take-off, reviewing bid documents and specifications for deficiencies, securing and reviewing equipment quotations for quotable materials and a complete material take-off to build the job.
- Organize information so the Project Managers can purchase materials directly from data generated in Accubid.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills are mandatory.
- Possess basic understanding of the electrical industry.
- Candidate must have entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and the ability to handle a variety of tasks.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Motivated, detail oriented and will not accept second best.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in Weifield’s business strategies.
- Candidate must be willing to travel as needed.
- Possess computer knowledge that includes MS Office, Accubid, Visio, and CAD, with the ability to learn new software quickly.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
> P/S & D/A Estimates process
> All quotes are vetted and included into bid
> Proper knowledge and software skills for position
> Follow established processes
> Meet all estimate deadlines
> Follow direction
> Bidding $1M / week
> Profitable work
> Support company goals
> Support sales goals
> 30+% hit ratio
> Client ratings of 4+
> Meet department deadlines
The Electrical Estimator I reports to the Project Developer or Team Lead.
The Electrical Estimator I has limited supervisory.
Measurements (90 day and yearly)
The Electrical Estimator’s success is measured by the following criteria:
> ability to start and manage projects without guidance
> development of process and tools that streamline operations and cut costs
> able to bring answers to the table and implement solutions quickly
> yearly evaluation
> Stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, and maneuver or feel objects, tools, or controls.
> Reach with hands and arms; be able to talk and to hear.
> See well, either naturally or with correction.
> Hear well either naturally or with correction.
> The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
> Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as in a typical office setting.
> Ability to work flexible hours.
> Weifield Group Contracting Inc. is a drug free working environment.
Start Date: TBD
Pay Rate: DOE
Employee Health Insurance: Healthcare 100% of the “Base Plan” by WGC 1st of the month following date of hire
Family Health Insurance: N/A
Voluntary Dental/Vision Insurance: Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire
Disability & Accident Insurance: Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire
Life Insurance: Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire
FTO: Flexible Time Off
401k/Safe Harbor: Participate at one year. Weifield matches 100% of investment up to 4%
Schedule: The anticipated work schedule will average 45 to 50 hours per week. Early morning, evening or Saturday work may be required.
Current Driver’s License Required: Yes
Journeyman Electrician License: Preferred
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Weifield Group Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.