HOW TO RECORD A MEETING IN TEAMS!
Any Teams meeting or call can be recorded for future viewing. The recording captures audio, video, and screen sharing activity.
When you start recording a meeting, you also turn on live transcriptions.
- Start or join the meeting.
- Go to the meeting controls and select More actions > Start recording.
Everyone in the meeting gets notified that recording and transcription have started.
- You can’t make multiple recordings of the same meeting at the same time. If one person starts recording a meeting, that recording will be stored on the cloud and available to all participants.
- Meeting participants have the option of viewing the transcription during the meeting.
- Go to the meeting controls and select More actions.
- Choose one of the following:
- Stop recording: Stops the recording and live transcription.
- Stop transcription: Stops just the live transcription. The recording continues until you select Stop recording.
Recordings are available in different places depending on the type of meeting.
> The recording is processed and saved to SharePoint if it was a channel meeting or OneDrive if it was any other type of meeting.
> The meeting recording shows up in the meeting chat or channel conversation (if you’re meeting in a channel).
Note: For now, guests and external attendees can view the recording only if it’s explicitly shared with them.
Who Can Start or Stop a Recording?
Anyone who meets the following criteria can start or stop a recording, even if the meeting organizer isn’t present.
Type of User
Meeting Organizer – Can Start/Stop Recording? Yes
Person from Same Org – Can Start/Stop Recording? Yes
Person from Another Org or Company – Can Start/Stop Recording? No
Guest – Can Start/Stop Recording? No
Anonymous – Can Start/Stop Recording? No
> Recording continues even if the person who started the recording has left the meeting.
> The recording stops automatically once everyone leaves the meeting. If someone forgets to leave, the recording automatically ends after four hours.
> If one of the participants has a policy for compliance recording, the meeting will be recorded according to the policy even if that participant is from another org.