Special Projects Project Manager
General Job Description
The special projects project manager is responsible for the financial organization and tracking of electrical projects and implementing measures to increase the company’s effectiveness and efficiency.
Location: Centennial, CO
- Business Process Analysis and Documentation: Research, analyze, and document the electrical project process at Weifield finding ways to be more efficient and profitable.
- Identify Solutions for Improvement in the Organization: Through process analysis, this individual shall determine areas of potential improvement in terms of efficiency and company effectiveness, then develop appropriate solutions.
- Information Dissemination: Develop and facilitate high-quality and high-frequency communications throughout the company. Investigate and implement tools to achieve these goals.
- Company “Handyman”: Act as an internal consultant to help multiple persons and departments within the organization develop programs and solutions to enhance efficient and/or effectiveness.
- Training/Mentoring: Promote the professional growth of the team. Continually pursue opportunities for personal career/training development.
- Industry Awareness: Continually seek industry and market information to provide Weifield with the information necessary for successful business development.
- PACT: Promote and work as a living example of the company values.
- People – Demonstrating fiscal responsibility, physical well-being, and integrity, every day, and empowering each other to be the best we can be through genuine caring and opportunities for teaching, learning, and celebrating together.
- Advance Process – Developing, communicating and improving our processes to achieve quality, training, and consistency, sharpen our focus, and lay the groundwork for continuous improvement.
- Community – Giving our time and financial resources to worthy causes in order to make a meaningful difference in the places we live, work, and play.
- Trusting Relationships – Building our business through trusting relationships and caring concern for the well-being of our clients, vendors, and all other stakeholders.
Job Specific Responsibilities
PROJECT START UP
- Prepare subcontract and obtain all required permits.
- Prepare and maintain project schedule.
- Preparation and buyout of purchase orders.
- Prepare and enforce project strategy document.
- Prepare and review submittals and shop drawings.
- Prepare project budget and schedule of values.
- Review files according to policies and procedures.
- Review contract drawings and address RFIs.
- Manage daily affairs to stay within budget and on schedule.
- Project buyout and obtain quotes in a timely manner, including control takeoff of quotable items.
- Price and settle change orders accurately.
- Prepare gross margin statement with project team.
- Prepare billing with project team.
PROJECT ORGANIZATION AND TRACKING
- Distribute and maintain current drawings, specifications, and product data with changes and clarifications.
- Responsible for subcontractor performance.
- Adhere and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Maintain personal project log.
- Maintain master list with materials, submittals, RFI, & to-do list.
- Responsible for getting materials released to jobsite.
- Ensure weekly updates for material tracking.
- Adhere to the contract documents.
- Project documentation – (i.e. delays, back charges, claims).
- Coordinate submittals by other trades.
- Candidate is responsible for preparation of O & M manuals.
- Review and submission of as-built drawings.
- Prepare warranty documents.
- Track punch list and ensure items are complete.
- Ensure job site files and office files are consolidated.
- Ensure all spare parts are turned over and signed, “received.”
- Candidate must have minimum 3 years of project controls/coordination experience.
- Possess excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Possess basic understanding of the electrical industry.
- Candidate must have entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Motivated, detail oriented and not accept second best.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in Weifield’s business strategies.
- Candidate must have excellent computer skills that include MS Office and Accubid.
- Be accountable for project decisions and actions.
The special projects project manager reports to the operations manager.
The special projects project manager has limited direct supervision responsibility.
The special projects project manager’s success is measured by the following criteria:
- Ability to start and manage projects without guidance from management,
- development of process and tools that streamline operations and cut costs,
- propensity to bring answers to the table and implement solutions quickly, and
- evaluation form.
- Stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, and maneuver or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms; be able to talk and to hear.
- See well, either naturally or with correction.
- Hear well either naturally or with correction.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as in a typical office setting.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Weifield Group Contracting LLC is a drug free working environment.
Start Date: TBD
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Pay Rate: 85,000.00 -120,000.00 annually
Employee Health Insurance: Healthcare 100% of family medical “Base Plan” by WGC 1st of the month following date of hire.
Voluntary Dental/Vision Insurance: Paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire.
Disability & Accident Insurance: Paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire.
Life Insurance: 50K Life and ADD; Employer paid for employee 1st of the month following date of hire.
HSA Plan: Employer contributes up to $600 annually in quarterly contributions of $200. Individual can contribute to max of $3,000 or $6,600 for family. Must be actively employed at the time of contribution to be eligible for company contribution.
PTO: 15 days per year 1-5 years and 20 days per year after 5 years and 25 days after year 10. Seven paid holidays per year.
401k/Safe Harbor: Participate after 60 days. Weifield matches 100% of investment up to 4% after one year of consistent employment.
Vehicle: Company vehicle or vehicle allowance of $600/month
Cell Phone: Company cell phone or cell phone allowance of $150/month
Background Check/ Drug Test Required: Yes
Work Schedule: 7AM- 5PM Monday through Friday.
Due to the nature of this position additional time may be needed in order to complete work activities with no additional compensation.
Current Drivers License Required: Yes
Journeyman Electrician License: Preferred
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Weifield Group Contracting LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.