New and Open Career Paths – Construction Manager
Weifield is looking for new Construction Managers, this is an internal posting, if you are interested feel free and reach out to Glori Thompson — at 720.592.0032 (ext. 173) or email@example.com .
General Job Description
The Construction Manager is responsible for supervising the Project Superintendents who perform field implementation on our projects.
- Work as a liaison between site crews, office administration and management to help maintain WGC culture of team work, trust and respect.
- Assist in development of project execution plans.
- Conduct job walks. – weekly & as needed based on review of productivity reports and tracking.
- Conduct regular project audits of quality and productivity and generate audit reports
- Keep track of Project To-Do List items and check in during the projected timelines, summarize and review notes prior to future job walks
- Maintain and monitor ongoing loose end list
- Formulate and ask key question to hold FS accountable to goals, inspections, timelines
- Analyze hits and misses, brainstorm with FS to overcome the barriers or obstacles that caused a miss
- Conduct Cost to Complete walks for Monthly Gross Margins
- Create and administer project assessment review
- Utilize the feedback from gross margins and progress evaluations from the crew members to be able to recognize weaknesses or strengths to focus on
- Provide coaching to promising employees in the field.
- Mentor and manage – figure out the difference and the right time for both
- Train and evaluate project team members.
- Train and evaluate employees, adhere to and support the company training program and make recommendations to hiring, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Evaluate Schedules.
- Encourage and coach in maintaining schedule within specific tools
- Review and recognize project milestones within the schedule – see the big picture and help break it down for the team through the project
- Assist with scheduling and all manpower needs.
- Act as main point of contact for each assign FS for transfers to and from other projects; collaborate with Operations leaders weekly to plan manpower moves
- Promote ongoing preplanning with all projects and help those to become proficient in planning.
- Hold FS accountable for turning their 3 week schedules in on time and complete
- Recognize and communicate prefab opportunities to FS
- Ability to recognize, report, and mitigate issues on job sites.
- Strong leadership abilities, with humility.
- Ensure adherence to standards of quality, cost control, scheduling, safety and best practices.
- Assist in the development of best QA/QC practices and implement on a project specific and overall basis, and hold the field accountable on QA/QC.
- Ensure all installations meet project specifications, quality and NEC standards.
- Assist in the development and implementation of WGC processes and procedures.
- Assess and implement cost reduction, prefabrication ideas and increased productivity practices.
- Identify specific training for career development for FS, JWs and apprentices on assigned projects.
- Interpret electrical drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, owner’s details and specs with a strong understanding of work, prints and bids.
- Track, maintain and report progress, daily logs/reports, safety meetings and QA/QC details consistently.
- Inspect as-built drawings to be submitted for project turnover.
- Possess an excellent understanding of the electrical industry.
- Must have strong knowledge and ability to interpret the latest version of the National Electrical Code.
- Ability to read civil, mechanical, architectural, structural, and electrical blueprints, as well as all drawings associated with commercial construction.
- Candidate will be motivated; detail oriented, and will possess strong interpersonal skills to work in a diverse, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in WGC’s business strategies.
- Strong computer skills or significantly developed understanding of computer programs (MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, Bluebeam)
- Must communicate information and state challenges in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner, and be able to provide clarification as necessary.
- Previous supervisory experience with 10- 15 years managing and/or running projects that are $5 million and up.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Ability to manage and track the status of requirements throughout project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The construction manager’s success is measured by the following criteria:
- ability to start and manage projects without guidance
- development of process and tools that streamline operations and cut costs
- able to bring answers to the table and implement solutions quickly
- yearly evaluation
The construction manager reports to the COO.
- Stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, and maneuver or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms; be able to talk and to hear.
- See well, either naturally or with correction.
- Hear well either naturally or with correction.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as in a typical office setting.
- Some travel to jobsites/remote offices may be required.
- Weifield Group Contracting LLC is a drug free working environment.
Start Date: TBD
Pay Rate: DOE
Employee Health Insurance: Healthcare 100% of the “Base Plan” by WGC 1st of the month following date of hire.
Voluntary Dental/Vision Insurance: Paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire.
Disability & Accident Insurance: Paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire.
Life Insurance: Paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire.
Flex Pan: Employee can set aside $2650 pre-tax dollars for health/$5000 for daycare 1st of the month following date of hire.
PTO: 10 days per year 1-5 years and 15 days per year after 5 years. Seven paid holidays per year.
401k/Safe Harbor: Participate after 60 days. Weifield matches 100% of investment up to 4% after one year of consistent employment.
Vehicle: Yes/If company vehicle is not available than a vehicle allowance will be $400/month
Cell Phone: Yes
Background Check/ Drug Test Required: Yes
Work Schedule: 7AM- 5PM Monday through Thursday and 7AM to 3PM on Friday.
Due to the nature of this position additional time may be needed in order to complete work activities with no additional
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Weifield Group Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.