New opportunity – Welder
General Job Description
We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
WORK FOR THE BEST – BE TREATED THE BEST!
Successful electricians at Weifield can become foremen, supervisors, estimators, project managers — or move into upper management positions; your drive and abilities determine how far you go!
Weifield is a national leader in cutting-edge construction — more than 70% of the General Contractors in CO & WY rely on our expertise to provide quality electrical projects. And we’re seeking the best talent to build an unstoppable team! We have 400+ employees & offer industry-leading training programs that enhance safety and innovation — and we foster a positive company culture through fun events and parties throughout the year for our employees and their families. We also have a strong community focus – partnering with numerous non-profit organizations to give back to the communities in which we live and work. As evidenced by our Denver Post ‘Top Workplaces’ recognition for 9 years running, we offer a fantastic, family-oriented work culture!
We also offer our employees unparalleled benefits:
- Numerous opportunities to be recognized for individual achievements
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Utilization of the best technology and tools the industry has to offer to make your life easy
WEIFIELD: THE RIGHT PLACE
Our team members go above and beyond at Weifield, every day – and we show our appreciation by offering much more than just a competitive salary. People are Weifield’s #1 valuable asset and we ensure our team feels valued, appreciated, and included at our company – not just occasionally, but always. With that in mind, we’ve designed the common elements of our benefits package to extend well beyond the paycheck and incorporate the following priorities of our team members:
- Enjoy My Work—An engaging and rewarding company culture that allows our team to thrive
- Learn, Grow, Innovate—Ongoing paid training and development to spark career growth
- Time to Recharge—Paid time off and paid holidays for quality time with friends & family
- Be Rewarded—Bonus opportunities and monthly/yearly employee cash awards to reward quality work
- Be Heard—An open-door policy by Weifield management to listen to our team’s ideas and opinions, 24/7/365
- Stay Well—A suite of healthcare benefits to maintain the wellness of our teammates/ their families
- Have Fun—Continual fun company events so our team can get out with family & friends
- Chart My Course—No limits to the performance-based career growth and advancement opportunities for our team, at Weifield
- Be Supported—A full-service Employee Assistance Program to help with the business of life (health, finances, resources, & more — for team members and their families)
At the end of the day, our goal is simple: to continually improve our employees’ work experience to help them be happy, healthy, and well…every day!
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (GTAW, GMAW, SMAW etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
- Strong Geometry skills
- Must be well versed in Site safety rules
- Skilled in spatial orientation, visualizing constructability and estimating resources needed to complete required tasks
- Be detail oriented, able to manage processes and complex projects, breaking them down to their component levels
- Strong organization and prioritization skills to accomplish tasks
- Able to identify and manage risk
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot equipment
The Welder reports to the Prefab Manager
- Stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, and maneuver or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms; be able to talk and to hear.
- See well, either naturally or with correction.
- Hear well either naturally or with correction.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as in a typical office setting.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Weifield Group Contracting Inc. is a drug free working environment.
|Pay Rate||Non-Exempt $22 – $30 an hour|
|Employee Health Insurance||Healthcare 100% of the employee medical “Base Plan” by WGC 1st of the month after 60 days of employment, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|Voluntary Dental/Vision Insurance||Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|Disability & Accident Insurance||Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|Life Insurance||50K Life and ADD policy for employee only, paid by employer 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|HSA Plan||Employee can set aside $3600 pre-tax dollars /$7200 for Family 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|HSA Company Contribution||Up to a max of $600 annually, contributed through four quarterly contributions. The employee must have active work hours on the week of assistance to be eligible. This amount is inclusive in the calculation of the max contributions allowable under an HSA plan.|
|PTO||Accrued 10 days per year 1-2 years, 12 days per year 2-5 years, 14 days per year 5-7 years, 16 days per year 7-10 years and 20 days per year 10+ years. Seven paid holidays per year.|
|401k/Safe Harbor||Participate after 60 days. Weifield matches 100% of investment up to 4% after one year of consistent employment.|
|Pension||Paid on prevailing wage projects|
|Background Check/ Drug Test Required||Yes|
|Work Schedule||Varies by jobsite. This position may require nighttime, weekend, holiday, and overtime work which will be compensated at adjusted rates.|
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Weifield Group Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.