New Position – Safety Coordinator!
General Job Description
The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for partnering with site supervision to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. Safety Coordinator will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with all Weifield locations, field, and office staff. They will inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis. The Safety Coordinator must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise, and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and advise workers on safety policies and our safety standards. The Safety Coordinator will communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to the Chief Safety Officer, Safety Manager and operational teams and ensure they are executing the core competencies of a safety professional. The Safety Coordinator will be required to a pass background check with no felonies within 10 years or pending allegations.
- Assist in maintaining documentation for the Safety Manual, Safety/EEO booklet, Fleet Operations Program, Emergency Management Plan, and the Substance Abuse Policy.
- Assist in the administering the company substance abuse policy; works with HR and CSO to establish testing programs and identify providers; monitors the testing program to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations; may provide information on rehabilitation assistance to employees as directed.
- Plan and implement programs to train employees in work site safety practices.
- Provide information, signs, posters, personal protective equipment, barriers, etc. to projects.
- Review accident and incident documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete and accurate; ensure corrective action is implemented by safety management team.
- Assist and participate in investigating all accidents resulting in lost time injuries or major property, liability or equipment damage; document investigative reports in necessary software or filing systems.
- Assist with required regulatory reports and ensure they are submitted timely.
- Maintain safety files and records; prepare reports for management and Corporate as needed.
- Own data modeling through safety systems, providing transparency of safety data to leadership.
- Recommend potential disciplinary actions against safety policy violators as noted during the investigation process.
- Develop Site Specific Safety Plans with assistance from CSO and Safety Manager.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are understood and implemented consistently.
- Develop and continually improve the effectiveness of the Safety and Corporate Safety procedures.
- Work with the CSO, Safety Manager, General Manager and Human Resources on all personnel-related actions.
- Communicate and reinforce the Company vision, values and goals to employees.
- Participate and represent Weifield as an active member of the Corporate Safety Ownership Committee.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the CSO, Safety Manager or Weifield leadership team.
- Two years of work experience and or related education specializing in Safety.
- Basic knowledge of construction safety work rules and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations including, OSHA Part 1910 and 1926 Safety requirements, NEC, NFPA and ANSI standards for construction.
- OSHA-30hr certification
- Intermediate PC skills with experience in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
- Possess excellent understanding of the electrical industry.
- Candidate must be punctual, motivated, detail oriented and not accept second best.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in Weifield’s business strategies.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Possess training experience.
- Accident investigation experience desirable.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred certifications: OSHA, NICET or other training specific to safety function
- Standing – Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation without moving about, for extended period of time.
- Walking – Moving about on foot.
- Sitting – Remaining in the normal seated position for extended periods.
- See well, either naturally or with correction.
- Hear well either naturally or with correction.
- Lifting – Raising or lowering an object (~5 – 50 lbs) from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Carrying – Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder, e.g., tools equipment, and materials up to 100 lbs.
- Pushing – Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
- Pulling – Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the forces (includes jerking).
- Ascending or descending ladders, lifts, stairs, scaffoldings, ramps, poles and the like. Body agility is emphasized.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or running on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
- Crawl over, under and into equipment as necessary to perform job duties. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand.
- Picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Perceiving attributes of objects, e.g., size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Work environments may be noisy, congested, and/or in confined spaces.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clean driving record (MVR).
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as in a typical office setting.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Weifield Group is a drug free working environment.
We offer our employees a comprehensive, people-focused benefits program:
- Physical [Stay Well] | Emotional [Be Supported]
- Weifield-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Cigna Medical HDHP
- Cigna Medical Buy-Up
- Cigna Dental
- Eyemed Vision Insurance
- Weifield covers 100% of the medical HDHP plan + preventative screenings
- Gym memberships
- Ongoing employee athletic events
- Tough Mudder, 5K/10K races, truck pulls, & more
- Employee Assistance Program through Mines & Associates
- 5 free sessions per family member for counseling, career coaching, financial/legal guidance
- Cigna mental health & lifestyle programs
- Flexible time off & paid time off
- Sabbatical eligibility at 15 years
- Crisis event support
- Helping Hands financial assistance program, HR Return to Work assistance, PPE
- Future betterment committees
- Open door policy
- Weifield-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Fiscal [Plan My Future]
- Financial planning assistance
- Outside referral options for personal life/property insurances and legal assistance
- Ability to become eligible to purchase company shares
- Referral bonus & company incentive plans
- Employee discounts
- Mortgage assistance
- Verizon Wireless
- Weifield-sponsored 50K life and ADD plans
- 401K program
- 4% match after one year
- Financial literacy training
- Financial planning assistance
- Social [Enjoy My Work]
- Teambuilding events
- 7 paid holidays/year
- Nonprofits: Company match to employee-supported charities
- Company communications
- Ongoing events
- Tickets and numerous company and family events per year
- Holiday celebrations & contests
- Philanthropy events supporting our charities
- Knowledge [Grow My Career]
- Continuing education credits
- OSHA and NICET/Blue Card trainings
- Testing prep assistance
- Electricians/apprenticeship graduates for Journeyman’s test
- 4-year paid apprenticeship including books
- Tuition reiumbursement for college coursework related to position
- Weifield University
- Ongoing training program
- Recognition [Be Rewarded]
- Employee anniversary awards & gifts
- Cash for anniversary tenure
- $10K at 10-year anniversary
- Employee of the Month recognition & awards
- Apprenticeship graduation gifts
- Project of the Year trip with Weifield leadership
- Crew of the Month lunches with Red Wing Boots truck gift
- Holiday gifts
- Recognition/gifts for Journeyman’s license/field achievements
In addition to our amazing people, we take pride in our innovation, our legacy of excellence in our industry, our strong community focus, and our fantastic family-oriented work culture – as evidenced by our Top Workplaces recognitions in our regions (10 years running in Colorado, achieved by less than 5% of all companies)!
We’re seeking the best talent to build an unstoppable team – and we hope you will become a part of it.
We look forward to meeting you!
$27.88 – $36.06 an hour
|Employee Health Insurance||Healthcare 100% of the employee medical “Base Plan” by WGC 1st of the month after 60 days of employment, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|Voluntary Dental/Vision Insurance||Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|Disability & Accident Insurance||Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|Life Insurance||50K Life and ADD policy for employee only, paid by employer 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|HSA Plan||Employee can set aside $3600 pre-tax dollars /$7200 for Family 1st of the month following 60 days, not to exceed 90 days of employment|
|HSA Company Contribution||Up to a max of $600 annually, contributed through four quarterly contributions. The employee must have active work hours on the week of assistance to be eligible. This amount is inclusive in the calculation of the max contributions allowable under an HSA plan.|
|PTO||Accrued 10 days per year 1-2 years, 12 days per year 2-5 years, 14 days per year 5-7 years, 16 days per year 7-10 years and 20 days per year 10+ years. Seven paid holidays per year.|
|401k/Safe Harbor||Participate after 60 days. Weifield matches 100% of investment up to 4% after one year of consistent employment.|
|Pension||Paid on prevailing wage projects|
|Background Check/ Drug Test Required||Yes|
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Weifield Group Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.