SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR THE JOB SITES & OFFICE LOCATIONS
JOB SITE SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Weifield Field Supervisors should disinfect frequently-used hard surfaces in the field and wash hands/use hand sanitizer throughout the day. For our employees with underlying medical conditions and/or compromised immune systems, we encourage you to work with your doctor closely regarding what precautions you should be taking in general and at work. If you need an accommodation, please contact your HR Business partner.
General Safety Protocols
- Wash hands/use hand sanitizer frequently throughout each day
- Field supervisors should hold daily huddles in a large area (e.g., not in the trailer or in a small area)
- Field supervisors should separate crews by task – keep the separate crews away from each other and stagger work to eliminate work by different crews in common areas
- Conduct any necessary sub-meetings in small groups
- Make every attempt to hold breaks/lunches on-site at separate times – do not eat lunch together in a group in a designated area or offsite (e.g., consider other options such as eating lunch in your car)
- Field supervisors should ensure they clean and disinfect trailers as frequently as possible throughout the day – wiping down doorknobs and hard surfaces often (e.g., doors, chairs, etc.)
- Ensure you have minimal contact with others
Stretch & Flex Gatherings
Proper stretch and flex programs are a key part of our overall safety program. As we gather in these larger groups for the foreseeable future, please practice responsible “social distancing” habits. No shaking hands. If you are coughing or sneezing for any reason, separate yourself from the group as you complete your stretch and flex.
OFFICE SAFETY PROCEDURES
6950 & 7000 S. Jordan Locations – Work Restricted to Your Primary Building (Only):
Due to COVID-19 health measures, we are not granting access to 7000 S. Jordan employees for the 6950 building, and vice versa. To minimize risk of exposure, Weifield requires you to stay and work only in your primary work building at this time (e.g., you may not go over to another building other than your primary work building for any reason.) This policy will be in effect until further notice.
General Safety Protocols
- Weifield is encouraging anyone able to work remotely to do so
- If you do go into the office, practice effective social distancing
- Wash hands/utilize hand sanitizer frequently throughout the day
- Eliminate in-person team meetings – utilize Zoom/Teams instead
- Ensure you have minimal contact with others (e.g., discourage lunch together or unnecessary shared gatherings)
- Do not come into the office if you are not feeling well or if you become ill while at the office, go home immediately and notify your manager
- The United States is officially at a Level 2 for travel, so any air travel state-to-state or outside the country requires a 14-day self-quarantine.
- For employees traveling across state lines via automobile, there are no company travel restrictions
- If people drive to areas with elevated risk (e.g., Summit County, Aspen), a 14-day self-quarantine upon return will be required
- The self-quarantine will NOT be paid unless you have PTO to cover it. We are encouraging everyone to cancel unnecessary travel. Most travel places are giving a full or partial refunds.
- Please let us know if your travels are for family reason, such as, sick family members, funerals, or other personal things of that nature. On a case-by-case basis, we MAY be able to help on specific financial hardships, however you will still have to be on a 14-day self-quarantine.
DISCRETIONARY SPENDING [COST CONTROL]
- As a company, we need to make sure we cut down all discretionary spending in order to reserve emergency funds in the event they are needed. What this means is:
- NO team-building/lunches & food/entertainment purchases for your teams
- If the expenditure you are considering is not required for the business to keep running, we shouldn’t be buying it
- If you have the means to purchase items on a company credit card, you must run all expenditures by your manager before purchase is made
AGC JOBSITE PROTOCOL AND PREVENTION – UPDATED 4.3.20:
Please review and ensure compliance with the attached AGC-recommended COVID-19 protocols about job site safety, social distancing, worker personal responsibilities, sanitation and cleanliness and other practices – as AGC has communicated that job site compliance audits will be increasing in the weeks ahead (by organizations such as OSHA) and our industry’s ‘essential business’ classification could be jeopardized if the proper COVID-19 protocols are not being followed. We expect our crews to adhere to these protocols as closely as possible in addition to any GC-specific safety protocols [scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the ‘AGC Jobsite Protocol and Prevention’ link to download/view].
With everyone following the appropriate guidelines and watching out for each other, we can ensure optimal safety for our crews and employee base, at large.
Thank you for your leadership in helping to keep Weifield safe and productive!