All COVID-19 News
WEIFIELD COVID-19 LEAVE WORK / RETURN-TO-WORK POLICIES
LEAVE WORK AND RETURN-TO-WORK POLICIES
Weifield is following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines with respect to our leave-work and return-to-work policies.
Leave-Work Policy For Symptomatic Employees
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, contact your manager and do not show up at work. If you are on project when the symptoms develop, inform your supervisor and leave the job site or workplace immediately.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Field Supervisors need to inform their Construction Manager/division head and your Weifield Human Resources team immediately if anyone calls in sick with symptoms or leaves work with symptoms.
Please reference the following general health information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
If an employee is working on a continuing project and becomes ill, the following Weifield Return to Work Policy will apply.
Return to Work Policy
- If an employee leaves a job site due to illness without any COVID-19 symptoms, that individual may return to work when they are fever-free for 72 hours (without the help of fever-reducing medicines)
- If an employee leaves a job site or calls in having experienced COVID-19 symptoms, that individual may only return to work after seven (7) days from the last day of experiencing any symptom OR the time suggested by your doctor, whichever is longer.
- Anyone directly exposed to a COVID-19 confirmed case cannot be at work for a period of 14 days from date of exposure (according to CDC)
- Employees returning from travel must adhere to the following Weifield Travel Policy
- The United States is officially at a Level 2 for travel, so any commercial travel (e.g., via airplane/train) that you take from state-to-state or outside the country requires a 14-day self-quarantine upon your return
- For employees traveling across state lines via automobile, if you have not been exposed to high risk areas or large groups, there are no company travel restrictions
- If employees drive to places with elevated risk (e.g., Colorado Mountain Communities, California, Washington or Florida), a 14-day self-quarantine upon return will be required. Please notify your manager upon your return and before coming back to work.
- The self-quarantine will NOT be paid unless you have PTO to cover it or have the ability to work from home. We are encouraging everyone to cancel unnecessary travel. Most travel places are giving a full or partial refunds.
- Please let us know if your travels are for family reason, such as, sick family members, funerals, or other personal things of that nature. On a case-by-case basis, we MAY be able to help on specific financial hardships, however you will still have to be on a 14-day self-quarantine.
Please contact the HR team for further instruction:
* Always Notify your Manager of any Absence
* Human Resources via HR@weifieldgroup.com
SUPPORT SERVICES: For employees needing assistance during this evolving COVID-19 health crisis, please see the attached document below from our HR team on recommended support resources; feel free to reach out to HR at any time with additional support services questions.